You have seen the new commercial for Vaseline Spray and Go Moisturizer, right? If you are too busy forwarding through commercials thanks to your PVR, then watch the video below to see what you’ve been missing.
Is It THAT Easy To Put The Vaseline Spray and Go Moisturizer On?
Because I use a lot of moisturizer, this intrigued me.
- No more long sessions of rubbing moisturizer all over my body.
- No more wiping my hands off on the towel.
- No more not being able to moisturize my back! I was excited and ran out to buy one of these in my favorite scent.
So, I waited until I had a shower and then jumped out to put on my first ever spray lotion. It was kind of a mess, but I will share why in a second. First, I wanted to show you that it is not as easy as it looks in the commercial.
I used my leg to prove the point. I had to spray it on and wipe it two times to get it mostly soaked in. I did just do one wipe straight down instead of rubbing it is, so that was pretty cool, but it was not as easy as it looks in the commercial for sure.
First Application Before Any Wiping
After One Wipe
After One More Wipe
Tips To Use Vaseline Spray and Go Moisturizer
Maybe I went a little crazy when I jumped out of the shower, but the truth is instead of spraying my whole body and then wiping, I sprayed and then wiped and sprayed and then wiped. By the third spray my hands were so moisturized that I couldn’t hold the bottle to spray it anymore!
Therefore, make sure you spray the areas you want to moisturize first before you rub in. The spray does allow for continuous motion, so you can quickly get your body sprayed before it starts to drip down.
Also, if you think it is going to magically moisturize your back without a little hand action, you’re wrong. You still have to rub it in somehow, so spraying your back will do no good if you don’t have something to rub it in with.
Pros About Vaseline Spray and Go Moisturizer
There were some things I really liked about it.
- It was super easy to spray instead of pump. I am talking about way easier. If you hate spending a long time putting on moisturizer, then this spray is for you.
- Dried quickly as promised.
- Left skin feeling soft.
- The smell is exactly the same as the pump moisturizer. I bought the Cocoa one because it reminds me of Hawaii.
- It’s surprisingly cheap. I bought it for under $6 – and I spend about $25 at lush on my favorite moisture that seems to work just as well as far as I’m concerned. I’m not sure how long this will last, but my lush stuff usually lasts for about two weeks, so even if this lasted for one week it would still be cheaper than my dream cream from lush.
- Everywhere I go they are carrying this spray cream, so you will never run out if you fall in love with it!
- It is not as simple as it looks in the commercial. But I guess that is life, we get tricked into thinking things are going to be super easy and they are not (although it is still easier than pump cream.)
- Your hands will still be a little greasy from the moisturizer, but when it dries that disappears.
What Other People Are Saying About Vaseline Spray and Go Moisturizer
I always like to check out other people’s opinions, especially when we have places like Amazon to go and read honest reviews from actual buyers. Following are some condensed versions (to the point) of some reviews I found.
- Tried to spray on my back thinking it would soak in, but nope – you need to rub it into the back. Oops! (I already knew that.)
- Made a mess out of floor! Had to clean up so nobody would slip!
- Fragrance too strong.
- Seemed watery and took a while to rub on.
- Saved me a ton of time putting on lotion!
- Smells awesome!
- I find this less greasy than other lotions.
- Dries fast.
- Very soothing for my skin.
- Moisturizes well.
So people pretty much matched my review of the lotion.
In my opinion, I will be using this moisturizer for now on. It is easy to use and it costs way less than my usual preferred moisturizer. It smells good, left my skin soft, and I didn’t notice any getting on the floor…which I have done with regular pump cream as I transfer from the pump to my body.
I remember when the body puff came out and took over the bar of soap…I think that is going to happen here – pretty soon we will all be spraying ourselves with moisturizer instead of pumping it out and rubbing it in.
If you haven’t tried it out then buy a bottle and let me know what you think. Otherwise, leave your opinion in the comments below.